Thursday 4 February 2010

All good in the hood

I'm back from having flu, boo, maybe the stress of the crash bought it on but feeling much better now.

I went to see "Mr Massage Man" yesterday and it was great, loved all the massage, even though it was deep it felt sooooo good, must be that pleasure pain thing getting intermingled. He says that the injury is looking good (it has felt fine for the last couple of days) and that I can get back to training.

So this morning I was up early (can't say with the birds, coz I don't wear my hearing aids for running in so cant hear any birds and its dark so can't see any either!) I just put my new Ipod on what it says is max but doesnt seem loud to me (hence the hearing aids!) grab some poo bags (for the dog!) and out I went.

Mr Massage Man recommended doing 2min jog (starting the first one with what runners call the shuffle!) then 1 min walk, which worked well coz I could chuck tennis balls for marmite in the 1 min walk.

I felt pretty dapper because I had my new running shoes and socks, Garmin and bright yellow jacket on. I finally am using the gear I spent so much on.
Finished after 20mins and no injuries. Got exercises to do including the "Downward Facing Dog" nothing to do with Marmite aparently a yoga move. and yet more calf raises.

So back on track, but i'm sure there will be plenty more trials and tribulations on the rollercoaster of life and this marathon training thing!

Tight Laces to you all x

1 comment:

  1. Glad your back on track - keep it up sis! Would love to look at your Garmin sounds interesting!!

    ReplyDelete