Friday 12 March 2010

Lulu Bad!

After saying I'd update more often look whats happened! Sorry again, I must change my ways.
I have been on 4 runs since the last post, 3 of which have been lazy 1.5 mile runs. The last of the runs was this morning which was 3.5 miles. I felt good for the first half running a lot quicker than I have since I started, slowed down for the second half but made it without being too shattered. I have come to the conclusion that the further I run away from home when I have energy at the beginning the further I run because of course I have to come back again! This is my new tactic, I think it might just work.

With regards to my Sunday run well it just didn't happen, thanks Paula for trying to nudge me along but by the time we had done this that and the other, dug the allotment etc etc it didn't come to fruition.
I have got two new books out of the library, "How to run a Marathon" and "The New Runner) the first of which seems to be based around the London Marathon but some useful tips and hints. The second is a bit holistic in its approach with American writers waffling on with psycho babble for pages and pages and calling trousers Pants!
Saying that their constant theme of "Eat less, move more" seemed pretty simple advise to follow.

The man in the bay next to me in the donor suite (I donate platelets once a month)caught a glimpse of my books and told me all about the 4 London Marathons he had done plus a couple of others, I asked what his main bit of advise would be, he said to keep a running diary so I was pleased to mention my blog to him, don't think he will have a look though coz that kinda ended the conversation, actually thinking about it he might not have known what a blog was, oops maybe I should have explained it.

Counting down to Mexico now only 10 working days, yippee. Got me bridesmaid dress sorted now, my aim of losing a stone has not come to fruition, randomly and annoyingly the last 4 times I have weighed myself I have been exactly the same, I'm fed up with being 11.7.4 any change would be good. Rant over...

Next week I am going to step it up! (honestly Paul I will this time) I'm going to run 5 miles, gonna go to the gym twice (as well as running Mon, Wed, Fri) and swim once (thanks Hen for the free swim voucher).

Will let you know how I get on,

Tight Laces to you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment