Wednesday 27 January 2010

All the gear, no idea!

After all the talk, I took a trip to the running shop, Up and Running, in Headington (they said I could mention them, good advertising really, but only if I say good things!).

At lunch break Cal from work and me headed over, it was a little hard to get my head round the free gait analysis if you buy a pair of running trainers but if you didn't you pay £20 and get a gift voucher for the store. I needed a pair of trainers so that was fine anyway. So I stripped off (Shoes, Socks and roll trousers up) and he looked at me walking, and doing different movements, I told him about my achilles problems and he bought a couple of pairs of trainers out.
The chap seemed young and rather serious but he seemed to know what he was talking about.
So after a very painful jog on the treadmill (my calf is really sore) they seemed very comfy so decided to buy them. Then onto the Garmin, which was more expensive that on line but the chap gave me discount and to save the hassle of ordering online bought it, along with a few other bits. It added up to quite a bit and I had to fess up to Paul asap.

Soo now I have got gear, took a bit to work out how to install the FR60 and set it etc but thats sorted, just need to get this leg better, Its not good so rest is best, used a massager on it, and was reccommended hot/cold bath. Any suggestions?

Nicky from the mountains is well up for the marathon, so looks like I will have company.

Well as I have done no training I havn't really got much more to say, apart from to thank everyone for their support and guidance.

Tight Laces to you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment