Monday 25 January 2010

Boo back at work

Oh dear, missed my first run this morning!
I feel slightly bad but after the hectic weekend, I deserved a little more time with my dreams.

I firstly want to apologise to Paul because he tried to encourage/push me out of bed this morning and I had to do something drastic and lied saying I had REST DAY in my training plan, this is bad on two counts as firstly this wasn't written in at all and secondly I have no training plan yet to lie about!

Second thing, Girlies (and a few boys) what a fantastic party Saturday night! I had a fantastic time, I think I we have been ok in the 60's/70's, we all looked great. The late night/ early Sun morning has set me back but it was well worth it.

Told dad yesterday that I was doing the Marathon, he seemed positive but from his expression I know he realises I have a long way to go, he has just had a hip replacement so wont be joining me on the run, I reckon its a rubbish excuse. Glad he has pulled though and is recovering well.

I have to admit now that I play the Cornet in a brass band as i'm sure it will crop up somewhere in my blog, I hope you can get past this shocking news and I don't put you off reading any further! Playing in a big gig on thurday with loads of military marches, they are a bit fast for me so I think on those bits I will just wiggle my fingers on the valves. (Sorry Alison and Steve if you are reading, best that than play the wrong notes!)

Anyway I think I will venture out at lunch time and see about some new running shoes. Abbie at work reccommended the Garmin (something something 60 model) so I will have a look for that too.
A run tommorow at 7am so I'll let you know how I get on,

Tight laces to you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment