Friday 22 January 2010

Here the deal

Well, I'm not sure where to start, so I will just plough on in!

My name is Lulu, (not the real Singing Lulu, a different one!).

A friend at work inspired me to take up a new challenge because
1) I was moaning about the fact I had put loads of weight on
2) I didn't have much to challenge me at the moment
3) She does loads of training and triathlon type things and is pretty fit, making me feel lazy and slighly jealous.

Like most people I looked through the Three Peaks Challenge, a charity ride/run, Weightwatchers online ........

and.... for some reason unknown I have set upon a marathon in Oxfordshire this October!

My dad and uncle did this marathon in the early 1980's so I will follow in their prestigious footsteps!

I think my challenge may be made a little harder with the fact that I have snapped both achilles tendons in the past, but I am hoping (not hopping! hopefully) that they will stay in tact as running in one direction, rather than jumping or side to side should be ok.

Right I have read a few other blogs about first time marathon runners, I'm not sure it has given me much authority on marathon running and training but I will let you know how I'm getting on. If my blogs trail off, you can probably assume that my enthusiasm will have done too and I have given up! (that or forgotten the password which is a common occurance)

I have done three runs this week Mon, Wed and Fri all at 6.30am coz I take the dog with me (its still dark then so he can fight off anyone who gets too close) I have a bit of a problem in the fact I don't know how far i have gone I reckon about 1.5 miles each run but it felt like 5.
A friend says I should get a Garmin (i'm sure thats what they say in the advert) it can tell you how far you go and at what pace. Will investigate, any reccomendations?
Also i'm not sure my very fashionable Puma's are quite right for marathon running so will have to spend a bit of money getting the gear (I hope this is not just a fad, coz it could end up being very expensive, although I don't want to have all the gear with still no idea)

Off away for a 60's/70's theme Birthday party this weekend so will probably have quite a few beverages, trainign resumed on monday although the hotel had a health club! Not sure If will find the gym after the Sauna and Spa Bath luxery.

Tight laces to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment